Reading: The students have gotten very good at questioning as they are reading. It has helped to engage many of them in thinking as they are reading and will only continue to help their comprehension in the future. This upcoming week, we will be taking our assessment.
Math: This past week, we started to practice both multiplication and division number stories. The students are slowly starting to realize the difference between adding and multiplication. We have been drawing pictures to help us understand and answer these number stories. We also started learning some simple multiplication facts (x0, x1, x2, x5)
Science: We started looking more at fossils this past week and discussed how fossils form. They are a piece of history and we got to see 4 different kinds of fossils in the classroom. The students especially enjoyed the dinosaur poop fossil!!
Writing: We have finished off our poetry unit and will begin talking a bit about persuasive writing in the coming weeks.
Superstar of the Week: We have learned about all our classmates, so we will not be
having a Superstar of the Week for the rest of the year!
Important Upcoming Dates:
- May 14: Texas Roadhouse Night (6-8pm) **Note: pre-order was necessary to attend
- May 21: PTA Meeting (6pm)
- May 23: Early Dismissal (11:05am)
- May 27: NO SCHOOL (Memorial Day)
- May 31: Kenwood Carnival (during the day)
- June 3: Early Dismissal (1:35pm)
- June 4: LAST DAY - Early Dismissal (1:35pm)