Math: We have started a new unit in math. This week, we really worked on our two and three digit addition and subtraction. The students seemed to have really gotten the hang of these skills. Some students are still confused in subtraction because borrowing/trading seems to be a hard concept to understand. We used base 10 blocks to help the students better understand why we needed to trade and also why we added a 1 on top of the tens side.
Science: The students are greatly enjoying our rock unit! This past week, we took a deeper look at soil. The students were able to make their own soil with ingredients we provided. After putting our soil together, the students had the chance to sift out the soil back into the original ingredients. Ask your child what humus is!
Writing: We are still working on our poems with this upcoming week as our last week. The students have worked hard on their poems, but it definitely has not been enjoyable for a lot of them. :) (I don't enjoy writing poems either, so I understand!)
Superstar of the Week: We have learned about all our classmates, so we will not be having a Superstar of the Week for the rest of the year!
Upcoming Important Dates:
- May 8: Early Dismissal (11:05am)
- May 8: REGISTRATION (3-7pm)
- May 9: Field Trip (8:45am - 11:15am)
- May 14: Texas Roadhouse Night (6-8pm) **Note: pre-order was necessary to attend
- May 21: PTA Meeting (6pm)
- May 23: Early Dismissal (11:05am)
- May 27: NO SCHOOL (Memorial Day)
- May 31: Kenwood Carnival (during the day)
- June 3: Early Dismissal (1:35pm)
- June 4: LAST DAY -- Early Dismissal (1:35pm)